We are looking for a full time 2nd Engineer for a private 60m MY, currently in the Caribbean.
· MCA Y3 Certified - but may consider Y4 depending on experience
Additional Desirable Requirements:
· Be thoroughly familiar and comfortable with all engineering systems and procedures
· IT and AV savvy, including having a good level of computer literacy.
· Possess the skills to complete a wide variety of maintenance tasks and equipment repairs.
· Tender driving skills and competency a plus.
· Good communication skills.
· A conscientious attitude and solid work ethic
· Safely carry out sole, un-supervised ER watches from the ECR while underway, including inspection rounds of the operating machinery and various spaces.
· Ensure all system and equipment maintenance schedules are adhered to
· Efficiently identify and diagnose machinery faults and effect the necessary repairs
· Assist the Chief Engineer with implementing, accurately documenting and maintaining the various operational and administrative records and logs
· Assist with the development and upkeep of a wide range of inventories
· Maintain the cleanliness of the ER including all equipment, machinery spaces, tanks and bilges through regularly scheduled inspections and cleaning procedures.
· Assist on deck during docking procedures as and where directed by the C.Officer.
· Carry out the required duties for this position as directed by the station bill when exercising the various drills practiced onboard.
· Research and become familiar with all systems onboard including their operation and isolation procedures, particularly for all Emergency and Safety systems onboard.
· Assist with the orchestration of all re-fit and restoration projects including the monitoring of shipyard personnel and local vendors.
· Assist with the ordering, purchasing and delivering of all engineering tools, instruments, machinery and equipment, including consumable supplies and spares.
· Additional hours of work will be required occasionally to suit the demands of the Yacht’s operating schedule, allocated routine tasks and/or when considered necessary by the Chief Engineer or Captain.
Expected Level of Experience:
· Have not less than 18 months experience acting as 2nd Engineer on a similar size yacht, or alternatively 12 months acting as sole Engineer on a smaller vessel.
Have not less than 5 years of relevant yachting experience.
Itinerary: Caribbean, Mediterranean, Worldwide
U$D 6,000 or 7,000 depending on qualification
or try our advanced search
Forgot your password?
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved